ABOUT THE PROJECT
Education in Theatre: support and advancement of Theatre Audience Development in Czech Republic
The Association of Theatre Educators received funding in the 2020 call for proposals by the Ministry of Finance in ‘Expanding the scope of professional associations, networks, and platforms’, which is covered by the EEA and Norway Grants (2014–2021). This funding allows us to fully dedicate ourselves to our mission – developing of the field of theatre audience development in the Czech Republic.
The Project activities until November 2022:
- Pilot audience development programmes in professional theatres
- a year-long Theatre Education course for potential theatre educators who are employed at theatres
- a two-semester university course Introduction to Audience Development
- inspirational and educational Meetings for Association members
- a web platform about theatre educators including an e-library of academic papers, articles, and audio/video educational resources
- a comprehensive publication about theatre audience development, in print and electronic versions
Among the beneficiaries of the Project are current (and prospective) theatre educators, the academic and professional community, professional theatres, and by extension the public that receives an opportunity to take part in the pilot programmes. The greatest beneficiary of this project is ultimately the field of audience development itself. The development and cultivation of audience development as a whole is the main objective of our project.
The Project’s key partners are the following prominent cultural and academic institutions: National Theatre, National Moravian-Silesian Theatre, Association of Professional Theatres in the Czech Republic and Theatre Faculty at Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts in Brno. They provide material support for our events as well as an overall expert perspective.